Saturday, May 2, 2009

Maryland to Texas


After a long day of traveling, I'm finnally back in El Paso.

All in all, I spent over 14 hours in the air and in four different airports yesterday. The turbulent day began with a 9:30 am flight from Salisbury to Philadelphia, which was delayed twice before the plane got off the ground at noon. Upon my arrival in Philly, I was welcomed with a cancellation of the next connector flight to Dayton, Ohio. The Philadelphia International Airport is a mess and I always have had one problem or another when I've been there. I was directed to the US Airways customer service desk and had my flight intinerary changed to Phoenix and then onto El Paso. The good news was that I only had to wait another hour before the plane took off. The bad news though was I had to wait standby because the flight was overbooked and that arrival was set for close to 6 p.m. PST, which meant that I was not going to be able to attend the Diablos annual meeting before spring training.

The five hour flight to Phoenix was extremely bumpy as many severe storm systems were in the midwest. Thankfully, it went by quickly because I sparked up conversation with a pair of Philadelphia sports fans in my section. When we landed in Phoenix, I was happy to see that the terminal to my final destination was only a short distance away. The flight to El Paso was pretty smooth and on arrival, it was definately a breath fresh air.

Spring training starts today. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the bump and playing at Cohen again. It looks like we are going to be moving around for the next two weeks as the playing surface at the stadium is undergoing some repairs. It was good to get some sleep last night but it may take a little time to adjust to the two hour change in MST.

Four weeks :)