Friday, March 26, 2010

Grand Final shots vs. Waverley at Altona

A common "Aussie" phrase can speak of Essendon's position at the time being.

No worries.

Bob Marley sings it just right in his son "Three little birds", "dont worry...about a thing...cause every little thing is gonna be alright" A music genius, Marley lived the life of "no worries" as stressing about the little things was something he never did. I've always been a fan of his music because in a world where lyrical sludge is so common, he rises above with powerful words and meaningful messages.

We head into today's match with Waverley down 1-0 in the series as our counterpart escaped with a narrow win this past Wednesday. In the seventh, Essendon posted a 2-0 lead and I was in complete control but a few hours later, the score would change dramatically as we fell 10-9. There is not much worry (or pressing) around the Bomber locker room for today's crucial game.

I have decided to change my travel plans. My itinerary back to the US has changed from March 31st to April 11th. I am in the process of extending my visa and re-booking my flights. This will give me more time to travel - which I completely plan on doing! This being said, I am very excited about coming home and catching up with family and friends back in the states in just a few weeks. I miss you all dearly.

I have posted a few shots from last Wednesday's Grand Final game against Waverley. The photos are courtesy of Russ Edwards and Hannah Olson.


My boys in the bullpen...Kingy keeping them ready for action!