Saturday, August 7, 2010

NYSL Hall of Fame Inductee


I'm pleased to announce that I have recently been honored as a member of the inaugural Hall of Fame Class of the New York State League. This is my second award with the league as last summer I was honored with the 2009 NYSL Courage Award.

The NY State League was where I began my professional career. After I went undrafted following my senior year of college, I went to three different professional tryouts and was cut from each one. The NYSL then offered a tryout in Utica, NY and I was one of the first players to be signed from that particular tryout. I remember signing that contract and feeling like I was on top of the world. My dream of playing professional baseball had now become a reality.

The league was a jumpstart for getting into the Can-Am League with the New Haven Cutters and then with El Paso in the American Association. I'll never forget my days in that league and how I was given the opportunity to bridge my career from college to the professional ranks. I will be forever grateful of league commissioner, Jay Acton, for giving me that chance.

You can view the release here.

God Bless.